Summer is here, time to get on some back-country adventures! Our Parks are open and ready for you to discover and we can’t wait to take you out there to discover the beauty of the Canadian Rockies!
Never gone backpacking before? Not a problem, we are experienced and can teach you every trick we know so you go from being a rookie to being a pro!
A Pre-trip meeting will take place online 1-2 weeks prior to the trip departure to make sure every participant has all the information and gear needed for the trip.
A Trip Information Letter with precise trip itinerary and a gear list will be emailed to each guest upon registration.
Level of difficulty: from easy to moderate to difficult. Expect multi-hours of hiking with a medium to heavy backpack on you.. of course we will take breaks to rest and enjoy the views! 🙂
Maximum group size: 4 guests, 1 guide.
We are flexible and can arrange Custom Trips for your group/s: Family friendly, French speaking, Women only etc.. any date and time you wish (pending ability to find campgrounds).
Considerations: due to Covid-19 here is what we will be implementing:
- We will not offer any carpooling options but people of the same household should feel free to carpool.
- We will make sure everyone stays at a 2m/6 feet distance at all times on the trail, during breaks and around the campsites.
- No food/beverage will be shared amongst participants unless they are from the same household.
- We encourage you to carry hand-sanitizer and use it regularly throughout the day. We will also have hand-sanitizer at disposal for everyone to use.
- Face masks: we, the guides, will have our own mask/face cover in case we have to get close to you for any reason – from shoes laces or backpack issues to administering 1st aid. In the case of 1st aid we will ask you to wear a mask/face cover for us to help you – yours or we can provide you with a new medical face mask and we will be wearing one as well as medical gloves.
- You will have to sign a “Pre-Trip/Course Declaration of Health and Exposure” form prior to each trip, preferably online but we will bring some to the trail head. Anyone who refuses to fill and sign this form will not be able to participate.
- What has not changed: you will have to sign our Liability Waiver at the time of booking the trip – one per person – or at the trail head. Anyone who refuses to fill and sign this waiver will not be able to participate.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have and also to talk pricing if you are in a situation where a discount is needed, thank you.
In Health, Nathalie – Nat’s Adventure Travels – Founder
Dates available and price
RIBBON LAKE – July 15-17, 2020 – 3 days/2 nights – CAD 350/p.person
TOMBSTONE BACKCOUNTRY – August 11-13 – 3 days/2 nights – CAD 350/p.person
THREE ISLE LAKE – August 18-21 – 4 days/3 nights – CAD 450/p.person
SEE HERE BELOW FOR BOOKING – scroll through the calendar for trips and dates to show:
What is included
- A backpack trip guided by a professional ACMG Hiking Guide or Apprentice Hiking Guide.
- Interpretation of the fauna, flora, history along the way.
- A local guide who speaks English and/or French fluently and is an avid outdoor person excited to take you out on a multi-day adventure.
- This same guide is trained in wilderness first aid and fully prepared to respond if an incident were to happen on the trail.
- All meals and snacks. Please let us know of any dietary restrictions upon registration.
- All trips details in a Trip Information Letter so you can prepare easily.
- A Pre-trip meeting to iron out all details prior to departure.
What is extra
- Please bring your own backpacking gear as in tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag. Rent or borrow from family/friends if needed.
- Please consult our FAQs’ gear/clothing list in advance and we will give you a precise Gear list upon registration.
- Extra are also travel insurance as well as medical, disability, life, dismemberment and accidental death insurance.
- No deposit for this trip, full payment at time of registration required.
We understand that sometimes things happen that make it impossible for you to attend the trip you’ve been looking forward to so here is our Cancellation and Refund policy:
Cancellation Policy for Day trips or trips that last less than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested more than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = full refund.
- Cancellation requested less than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = 50% refund. This unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less 3 days/72 hrs prior to the trip departure time = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
Cancellation Policy for Multi-day trips or trips that last more than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested 180 days (6 months) prior to trip start date = full refund, minus non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation requested 90-180 days (3-6 months) prior to trip start date = 50% refund, minus non-refundable deposit. This unless we are able to transfer your registration to another participant or unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less than 90 days (3 months) prior to trip start date = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Nat’s Adventure Travels will be fully refunded. Nat’s Adventure Travels CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Nat’s Adventure Travels reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage participants to purchase Travel Insurance.