Spring is here, have you noticed!? We’ve all been confined to our homes for the last two months – not counting winter! – and it’s high time that we get out to stretch our legs & lungs, minds & hearts!
Let’s start the “new normal” by discovering our City Parks’ off-beaten paths and discover their history, geology and especially fauna and flora.. be prepared to be amazed!
Hike Day: Meet your guide at the trail-head at the time scheduled for your hike.
There we will make sure we stand at a 2 meters/6 feet distance from each other and your guide will brief you about the itinerary, weather, trail conditions and general safety.
Hike duration: 2 hours
Hike difficulty: from easy to moderate.
Minimum group size: 2 guests, 1 guide.
Maximum group size: 6 guests, 1 guide.
Hike price: CAD 25.00/person + 5% GST
Dates & time: See “Dates available” below and to book!
Where we will meet for the different hikes:
- Bowmont Park West – parking lot map HERE
- Nose Hill Park – Many Owls parking lot map HERE
- Twelve Mile Coulee – parking lot map HERE
- Edworthy Park – North parking lot map HERE
Custom hikes available: Family friendly, French speaking, Women only etc..
We are flexible and can arrange custom times for your group(s), from early morning to late afternoon or evenings with our latest departure at 7pm in the spring/summer and 5pm from end of August and into the fall.
Dates available and price
What is included
- A 2 hr Calgary City Park hike guided by a professional ACMG Hiking Guide or Apprentice Hiking Guide.
- The City Park’s history, fauna, flora – and more! – will be part of the interpretation done along the way by your personal guide.
- A Calgary local guide who speaks English and/or French fluently and is an avid outdoor person excited to take you off the beaten paths.
- A guide trained in wilderness first aid who is fully prepared to respond if an incident were to happen on the trail.
What is extra
- Please bring your own good hiking shoes & hiking pole if you prefer to use one.
- Please consult our FAQs’ gear/clothing list to be prepared for your hike.
- Please bring your own backpack to carry your water bottle and other items.
- Please bring your own water or thermos of hot beverage and snacks.
- Extra are also travel insurance as well as medical, disability, life, dismemberment and accidental death insurance.
- No deposit is needed, full payment to be made prior to trip departure.
We understand that sometimes things happen that make it impossible for you to attend the trip you’ve been looking forward to so here is our Cancellation and Refund policy:
Cancellation Policy for Day trips or trips that last less than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested more than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = full refund.
- Cancellation requested less than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = 50% refund. This unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less 3 days/72 hrs prior to the trip departure time = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
Cancellation Policy for Multi-day trips or trips that last more than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested 180 days (6 months) prior to trip start date = full refund, minus non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation requested 90-180 days (3-6 months) prior to trip start date = 50% refund, minus non-refundable deposit. This unless we are able to transfer your registration to another participant or unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less than 90 days (3 months) prior to trip start date = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Nat’s Adventure Travels will be fully refunded. Nat’s Adventure Travels CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Nat’s Adventure Travels reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage participants to purchase Travel Insurance.