There is so much to discover out west!
DAY 0: Travel Day. Meet your guide and those who have arrived for dinner that night.
DAY 1: We will start our day with a copious breakfast to then get a real northern feel by paying a visit to the wolves’ cousins and visiting our local Wolfdog Sanctuary. Curious about wolfdogs? In addition to enjoy walking in the Sanctuary, you will be taken inside a viewing platform and given a 30 minute presentation on wolfdogs and on the Sanctuary mission.
Afternoon: just over 150 years ago, Alberta was discovered on or alongside man’s best friend, the horse. This afternoon will provide you with the experience and time to reminisce of those discovery days from not so long ago. As you ride through majestic forests to landscapes with breathtaking view, you find yourself connecting with nature, your mount and yourself.. yes, we know, this is what you’ve been longing for a while!
DAY 2: Today is an exciting day! You will get a closer look and feel for our Rocky Mountains as we are off to go canyoning! This sport is widely know all over the world but just starting in Western Canada. We picked a phenomenal intermediate trip for you that requires 4 x 4 access thru several river crossings.. ready for this great adventure!?
DAY 3: After a fabulous breakfast, we will be driving off to the Bow Valley to pick up some mountain bikes for our ride for the day! Our two ride options will depend on the group’s fitness level but both will give you a feel for what an active vacation in this area truly means!
For very fit guests: our bikes will be taken up to the Spray Lake valley where we will tackle some fantastic intermediate to difficult dirt trails.. be ready for the mountain views! Rides for this group will be about 30-50 kms with elev. 200-400m/600-1200ft elevation gain and loss.
For moderately fit guests: our bikes will be taken up to an upper valley where we will ride a lovely double-track dirt trail that will spill us out just above the town of Banff. We will ride through the iconic town to the famous Bow Falls waterfalls for some pictures before riding downtown to stop for a break on a patio and get a feel for the town’s heartbeat. Once rested up we will hop on our bikes to go back to Canmore along the Legacy trail.
Ride to go: 18 kms/11.18mi to Banff with 300m/900 ft elevation loss.
Return ride: 20.12kms/12.5mi with 185m/555ft elevation loss
DAY 4: This morning we are off to a local ranch with beautiful mountain views to spend it breathing the foothills’ fresh air at the gentle pace of your horse’s hooves. We will be back for an hour lunch break before heading out rafting on the local river for the afternoon. From the rythm of the ride to the rythm of the raft, we know you will love this day’s experience!
Later this afternoon, you will be on the road to join our Aboriginal friends at their ranch where they are expecting you for dinner and a night of glamping.
DAY 5: After waking up at the sound of chirping birds in your cosy outdoor home, your day will be spent going on a guided interpretive hike followed by an archery instruction and 3D course before learning some wilderness survival skills!
Your Western Canada adventure and cultural activities will wrap up by 4pm today. Thank you for your trust and we wish you safe travels!
Dates available and price
Working on it!
What is included
- all nights in local accommodation (BnB, mountain hut, 3*hotel, glamping tent)
- all meals
- guided hikes, tours and activities
- local English / French speaking guide(s)
- all trip details planned so you can travel worry-free
- detailed trip information package (pdf)
- Swag from Nat’s Adventure Travels
What is extra
- Flight to and from trip destination
- Land transportation
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any additional tours or souvenirs not offered in the program
- Travel insurance as well as medical, disability, life, dismemberment and accidental death insurance.
- A deposit of USD 400 / CAD 500 / EURO 350 is due at time of registration and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Remaining amount: is due 90 days from trip departure date.
We understand that sometimes things happen that make it impossible for you to attend the trip you’ve been looking for so here is our Cancellation and Refund policy:
- Cancellation requested 180 days (6 months) prior to trip start date = full refund, minus non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellation requested 90-180 days (3-6 months) prior to trip start date = 50% refund, minus non-refundable deposit. This unless we are able to transfer your registration to another participant or unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less than 90 days (3 months) prior to trip start date = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Nat’s Adventure Travels will be fully refunded. Nat’s Adventure Travels CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Nat’s Adventure Travels reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage participants to purchase Travel Insurance.