Is there a better way to celebrate winter than having an outdoor Fondue dinner then go for a snowshoe tour by full moon?! This outing is perfect for anyone who feels he/she spends a lot of time indoors and wants to get outdoors yet without any worries about safety, comfort or.. cooking!
Winter is long in Canada, what about you join us to make the best of it!
That night: Meet your guide at the trail-head at the time scheduled for your Fondue dinner. You will be served a hearty cheese fondue with an assortment of fresh vegetables and bread.. the best way to have energy for your evening hike! Your guide will then brief you about all aspects pertaining to safety before heading out for your evening hike!
Of course, we will make sure we stand 2 meters/6 feet distance apart at all times.
Fondue duration: 1 hour Hike duration: 2 hours
Hike difficulty: from easy to moderate, beginner friendly.
Minimum group size: 4 guests, 1 guide.
Maximum group size: 6 guests, 1 guide.
Fondue & Full Moon Hikes: CAD 70.00/person + 5% GST
Dates & time: See “Dates available” below and to book!
Where: on a provincial or national park trail. Precise destination will be weather and conditions dependent. We might hike along a creek, maybe to a waterfall or uphill to get some views, in all cases be prepared for a full nature immersion by full-moon!
Custom hikes available: we are flexible and can arrange custom trips for your group(s)! Family friendly, French speaking, Women only etc..
What is included
- An evening that starts with a fondue dinner then a snowshoe trip guided by a professional ACMG Hiking Guide or Apprentice Hiking Guide.
- The Park’s history, fauna, flora – and more! – will be part of the interpretation done along the way by your personal guide.
- A Calgary local guide who speaks English and/or French fluently and is an avid outdoor person excited to take you off the beaten paths.
- A guide trained in wilderness first aid who is fully prepared to respond if an incident were to happen on the trail.
- Your guide can provide you with snowshoes unless you have your own.
What is extra
- Please bring your own warm waterproof hiking boots, hiking pole(s) and pair of snowshoes if you own one. If you don’t let us know and we’ll provide you one.
- Please consult our FAQs’ gear/clothing list to be prepared for your hike.
- Please bring your own backpack to carry your water bottle etc..
- Please bring your own water or thermos of hot beverage and snacks.
- Extra are also travel insurance as well as medical, disability, life, dismemberment and accidental death insurance.
- No deposit is needed, full payment to be made prior to trip departure.
We understand that sometimes things happen that make it impossible for you to attend the trip you’ve been looking forward to so here is our Cancellation and Refund policy:
Cancellation Policy for Day trips or trips that last less than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested more than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = full refund.
- Cancellation requested less than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = 50% refund. This unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less 3 days/72 hrs prior to the trip departure time = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Nat’s Adventure Travels will be fully refunded. Nat’s Adventure Travels CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Nat’s Adventure Travels reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage participants to purchase Travel Insurance.