It’s not because it’s winter that you should do like bears and hibernate! We are keen to take you out to experience this beautiful season and discover the Rockies winter wonderland so join us!
Trip location: our snow-shoe days are held in Provincial Parks such as Bragg Creek, Kananaskis, Peter Lougheed or in National Parks such as Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper, Waterton National Parks.
Every one of our snow-shoe trip is held in a non-avalanche yet STUNNING areas.
But where exactly? The precise destination will be weather and conditions dependent. We might hike along a creek, maybe to a waterfall, certainly uphill to get some views, in all cases be prepared for a full Rockies immersion!
That day: you will meet your guide at the trail-head at the time scheduled for your snowshoe tour. Your guide will brief you on all aspects of the trip, make sure you have everything you need for the day and check that your snowshoes fit properly before heading out.
After a great day of moving and breathing the fresh mountain air, you will get back to the trail-head where you will get to change clothes etc..
In the meantime your guide will prepare and serve you some appetizers, wine and.. a hearty cheese fondue! Desert is planned as well.. of course, you deserve it all after such a day! This IS what we call winter fun! 🙂
Snowshoe Day duration: approx. 9 am – 4 pm with breaks of course
Fondue Dinner duration: 1-2 hours
Snowshoe Day difficulty: from easy to moderate, beginner friendly
Minimum group size: 3 guests, 1 guide.
Maximum group size: 6 guests, 1 guide.
Snowshoe Day & Fondue Dinner: CAD 120.00/person + 5% GST
Make it a Private Trip: CAD 150.00/person + 5% GST for a maximum of 2 people.
Dates & time: See “Dates available” below and to book!
What is included
- A guided snowshoe tour in non-avalanche terrain in our beautiful Canadian Rockies
- Local English / French speaking ACMG Hiking Guide / Apprentice Hiking Guide certified for Winter travel
- Interpretation of local fauna, flora, geology and history of the Canadian Rockies
- Fondue Dinner with appetizers, wine and desert
- Pre-trip meeting to discuss clothes & gear needed as well as conditions, weather and day objective
- All trip details planned so you can join and enjoy your day worry-free
What is extra
- Rental snow-shoes, boots, poles if needed CAD 20
- Land transportation. You will meet the guide at the trail-head.
- Parks Canada Discovery Pass to be displayed in your car.
- Gratuities for the guide(s)
- 5% Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Travel insurance, medical, disability, life, dismemberment, accidental death insurance coverage if needed.
- Day trip amount is due in full if booked 10 days prior to trip start date.
- A deposit of CAD 100 for each group of 3 is due at time of registration and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Remaining amount: is due 10 days from trip departure date.
We understand that sometimes things happen that make it impossible for you to attend the trip you’ve been looking for so here is our Cancellation and Refund policy:
Cancellation Policy for Day trips or trips that last less than 1 day/24 hours:
- Cancellation requested more than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = full refund.
- Cancellation requested less than 7 days/1 week prior to the trip departure time = 50% refund. This unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
- Cancellation requested less 3 days/72 hrs prior to the trip departure time = no refunds given unless you find a person willing to take your registration.
No exceptions will be granted to our Cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to cancel trips with inadequate participant attendance, in which case all money paid to Nat’s Adventure Travels will be fully refunded. Nat’s Adventure Travels CANNOT be held responsible for any personal expenses, such as airline tickets due to changes in itineraries or tour cancellations.
Nat’s Adventure Travels reserves the option to modify trip itineraries at the discretion of your tour director as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, group dynamics, safety, or other unforeseen incidents.
We strongly encourage participants to purchase Travel Insurance.