Intro to Backpacking
Join us for a 2 days/ 1 night Intro to Backpacking Trip to beautiful Lillian Lake in Spray Valley Provincial Park, Kananaskis, Alberta. This excursion is designed to help prepare you for your future backpacking adventures with built-in backpacking lessons on gear, how to pack your bag, campsite set up and navigation as well as an introduction to backcountry cooking!
Lillian Lake Backcountry Campground, Spray Valley Provincial Park, Kananaskis Country, Alberta
2 days of adventures
For 6 adventurers
$ 500/ person + taxes
Intro to Backpacking
Lilian Lake, Kananaskis
2 days / 1 night – Women Only
Details & Itinerary
Day 1 – July 17
- We’ll start the hike at the Galatea Day Use Area. Expect a moderate hike of 6.3 km, with an elevation gain of 475 m to the Lillian Lake campground
- After setting up camp we’ll have our lunch enjoying the awesome views of our campground. From here we’ll see all the day hikers who wished they were spending the night too!
- Once we’ve had a chance to let our lunches settle, we’ll begin our day trip to Galatea Lakes. There is an option to explore both the Lower and Upper Lake, depending on our energy levels and conditions. Expect an additional 1.0 km to Lower Galatea Lake (+ 200m elevation gain) and another 1.1 km to Upper Galatea Lake (+80 m)
- This will bring our total distance and elevation gain for the day to 10.5 km and 755 m
- We’ll finish the day with a gourmet dinner by Lillian lake before hitting the hay for the night
Day 2 – July 18
- A gourmet breakfast will start us off right as we prepare to head back to reality after an awesome night in nature
- Backpacking tips and some navigation techniques will be covered before we depart back toward the trailhead
- Following the same trail we took into Lillian Lake, 6.3 km and a loss of 475 m will have us back in the parking lot and on our way
- A 5 days / 4 nights guided backpacking trip by an experienced certified ACMG woman Hiking guide happy to share all sorts of backcountry tricks to empower you to later on go with your family and friends.
- A 1hr online pre-trip meeting 5-7 days before to discuss the route taken, weather, gear etc.. and respond to all questions.
- A 5-day vacation in a “not-so-familiar” environment in the presence of a professional trained in wilderness first aid, here mainly to prevent anything from happening but trained and ready to respond in case of an emergency.
- Food and beverages accommodating all dietary needs as well as cooking gear – utensils, cookware and dishware – including the infamous heavy fuel.
- Group safety gear including bear spray, guide’s radio, satellite communication device, first aid & repair kits.
- Campground fees, wilderness overnight fees, National and Provincial Parks fees.
What's Not Included
- Lodging for the night(s) prior to adventure start.
- Breakfast the morning of adventure day.
- Dinner on the last adventure day.
- Gear rental.
- Land transportation to adventure departure location.
- National Park permits to display in your vehicle.
- Gratuities for the guide(s).
- Applicable tax(es) on purchasing price.
- Cancellation insurance.
- Travel insurance as well as medical, disability, life, dismemberment and accidental death insurance.
Adventure Information Package
Our Adventure Information Package with all details for your trip will be sent out to each participant within 5-10 days of deposit payment.
You can make a deposit to save your spot for this adventure here.
Please read our cancellation policy here.
Guided Trip Benefits
- Save yourself the hassle of hours of camping prep work – like booking campgrounds, buying/preparing menus and food – that go before such a trip as well as cooking every day..Yes your guide cooks for you!
- Enjoy disconnecting from your cell phone – no wifi out there, sorry (not sorry ) and forget about your never ending “To Do list” for a few days. Disconnect to reconnect.
- Get direct, live fauna, flora, mountain history and/or geology interpretation stories along the trail.
- Enjoy soaking in all the health benefits provided by being away from this thing we call “civilization” for a few days. Recharge and get energized by spending an active vacay doing something good for yourself.